The Policy of medical ethics defines 2 main principles, according to which the personnel of “Open Clinic” must perform medical services and the way our company admits and solves the conflict of interests.
These principles are taken from Lisbon Declaration of the World Medical Association (WMA) “On patient’s rules” and “International code of medical ethics” of WMA:
- All medical researches, procedures and treatment must be recommended and conducted exclusively on health grounds and must be independent from commercial aims;
- The patient must be informed and have a possibility to take decisions related to their check-up and treatment in a form clear for them;
- Administration of medications must be performed on the basis of objective, adequate and professional medical solution, independent from financial aims and other motives;
- Check-up and treatment must be based on independent, adequate and professional medical solution. The patients must be directed to medical institutions on time and only by medical grounds. It is prohibited the awards between physicians and organizations to which the patients are directed;
- Financial operations are performed in accordance with official procedure directly between the patient and company, issuing an invoice, in order to exclude the payment and other awards between medical personnel and patient/relatives of the patient.
The duty of medical worker
The duty of medical worker —is to keep professional independence. Performing medical care, he accepts the whole responsibility and liable to cancel any attempts of pressure from a side of administration, patients and other people.
Medical worker must refuse from cooperation with any private or legal entity, if it demands from him any actions, contradicting to the legislation, ethical principles, professional duty. Participating in consultations, commissions, expertizes etc., medical worker must clearly and openly declare about own position, defend own point of view, and in cases of pressure – apply for social and judicial protection.
Respect of honor and dignity of the patient
Medical worker must respect honor and dignity of the patient, show attentive and patient attention to him and his relatives; medical care is performed in conditions of a minimum restraint of liberty and dignity of the patient.
Rude and inhumane attitude, showing any signs of supremacy or preference or unfriendliness towards some patients from the medical worker are irremissible.
Everybody who needs first medical aid in physical state demanding urgent interference (emergency situation, trauma, poisoning and other extreme situations endangering human life), will be accepted and examined by medical workers independently from paying capacity and presence of insurance medical policy.
Patient has the right for privacy of all medical and personal information. Medical workers are not illegible to announce, without patient’s approval or his official representative the data, received during a check-up or treatment, including the fact of turning for medical care.
Medical information about the patient can be disclosed:
- by precisely and accurately written consent of the patient;
- for purposes of check-up and treatment of the citizen, who cannot express his will due to physical state;
- in the face of incidence, mass poisoning and infection;
- by inquiry of investigative authorities, and the court in connection with conduction of investigation or proceedings;
- in case of rendering of help to the minor not elder than 15, for informing his parents or representatives at law;
- in case of sufficient grounds to suppose that a harm to the citizen’s health was done in the result of illegal acts.
Medical worker must take measures preventing the disclosure of medical secrecy.
The demonstration of the patient in the process of scientific study, teaching the students and qualification of physicians is possible only after his consent or consent of his parents or representatives at law. The death of the patients does not release from responsibility to keep medical secrecy.
The relations between medical workers must be built on mutual respect, confidence, differing with indefectibility and observance of the interests of the patients. In relations with colleagues, each worker of medical institution must be honest, fair, be deferential to their knowledge and experience, and also be ready to selflessly transfer own experience and knowledge. The critics towards the colleague must be reasoned and not insulted, relating to professional actions, but not the personality of employees.
It is irremissible to enhance own stature by means of discredit of colleagues, saying negative words about thee colleagues and their work in the presence of patients and their relatives.
Impermissible actions of a medical worker
Abuse of power and knowledge is impermissible along with professional activity.
Medical worker has no right to:
- use own knowledge and possibilities in inhuman aims;
- take medical measures or refuse in them without sufficient basis;
- to use the methods of medical impact on the patient with the aim to punish him, and also in the interest of third parties;
- impose to the patient own philosophy, religious and political views;
- cause to the patient physical, moral or financial damage intentionally, or by neglect and be impassible before the actions of third parties, who cause such damage.
Personnel prejudices of medical worker and other nonprofessional motives must not effect on diagnostics and treatment. Medical worker has no right, by using own rank, psychic inability of the patient, to conclude with him property deals, use in own interests his labor, and also practice extortion and bribery.